“As we all learnt at certain level from the previous two chapters which includes the introduction of BS 5234 Part 2, the importance of testing of a partition, the partition grades as well as the testing methods of Breakage resistance in order to get the result for partition grades. In this chapter, we will understand about the remaining three wall testing methods of ‘the strength and the robustness’ which is continuation of the previous chapter. “
Although these three test methods will not affect the grading of the partition, but these three testing methods are quite vital for the developers or the relevant who will make the decision to use the partition. The good partition with the better efficiency must pass the required testing standard with no damages, no breakage or no abnormality from the standard requirement.
The test is to establish the ability of the partition for no collapse of damage against a universal continuous load. To simulate this the partition is subjected to a continuous load transmitted through a horizontal beam at a set height and the max deflection and structural damage to be recorded.
Process – The sustained load applied to the timber beam shall be 0.75kN/m, 1.5 k N/m or 3.0 k N/m.
2.Light weight Anchorage – lightweight anchorage can be test by following process,
(1) Pull – out of Light weight anchorage:The test is to establish the ability of the partition to withstand along the axial load of 100 N without releasing the pull-up shim plate of damaging the partition other than superficial cracking.
(2)Pull – down of Light weight anchorage: The test is to establish the ability of the partition to withstand along the transverse load of 250 N without releasing the pull-up shim plate of damaging the partition other than superficial cracking and the maximum movement of the pull-down bracket shall not exceed 2 mm.
3. Heavy Weight Anchorage– There are two types of wall testing needs to be followed to test.
(1) Heavyweight anchorage (wash basin) eccentric downward loading test. To check whether the anchorage shall be capable of withstanding the load selected applied to the two linked brackets without releasing either pull-up shim plate, exceeding the deflection or residual deformation limits and without loosening detaching or damaging the partition. The partition may be locally modified to conform to this criterion and any modification shall be recorded in the test report.
(2) Heavyweight anchorage (high level wall cupboard)eccentric downward loading test. This will test whether the anchorages shall be capable of withstanding the load selected applied to two linked brackets without releasing either pull-up shim plate exceeding the deflection or residual deformation limit and without loosening detaching or damaging the partition. The partition may be locally modified to conform to the criterion and any modification shall be recorded in the test report.
The figures of the Performance level which pass the standard of partition in each wall testing method will be shown as follow.
You can see that these three wall testing methods of The Strength and The Robustness involve in the actual usage of the partition in each project. Therefore the figures of the performance level are considered important for the developers in making a decision to use the partition.
In each testing of BS 5234 Part 2 is very important and gives you the performance result in partition selections for the projects, not only the compulsory testing for the partition grading, but also ‘The Strength and The Robustness’ of the partition. The testing of these two parts supports the decision making process of the developers or designer in selection of the right partition as per requirements of the projects.
SCG Group from Thailand introduces – Zmartbuild Wall Panel to India market. It is the 3rd generation of wall material which helps project to save overall cost, faster construction by 4 times than traditional AAC Block wall and reduce chances of wall crack due to shrinkage. Our Zmartbuild Wall Panel is trusted quality product which is proved by over 3,068 projects around the world including mega projects in Thailand like Siam Paragon, Luxury shopping mall and Terminal 21 Korat, etc.
SCG – Zmartbuild Wall Panel compliance the Sever duty test according to BS 5234 Part 2 – 1992 from AIT – Asian Institute of Technology. This is a suitable product to construct a wall from domestic to heavy industrial applications. And the partition work of other types of buildings which requires partition grade at the level lower than the residential buildings.
So we are pleased to be the trustworthy manufacture who brings the good quality and innovative products to India market. Do not hesitate to contact us if you need more information.
Contact us to ask Price or Coverage area of Zmartbuild Wall Panel. Click>> Whatsapp me now!
• More detail of Zmartbuild Wall Panel >> ZMARTBUILD WALL PANEL
• Download catalog >> ZMARTBUILD WALL PANEL Catalog
• Installation VDO clip >> Watch ZMARTBUILD WALL PANEL installation
Pictures source: https://qcon.co.th/blog/2019/01/qcon-test-bs-5234
Subscribe to receive update news and every trends about construction in INDIA